Rainy Day Options
Rainy weather or an unfortunate sunburn can result in a less than ideal beach day, but in Southern Delaware that’s never a problem. There are LOTS of entertaining ways to spend not-so-beachy days… Bad weather means good times here! Where to start? Well, first check out Southern Delaware Tourism’s calendar to see what events are scheduled for the day, then take a look at the suggestions below:
- Guided Tours – From history tours to winery and brewery tours, eco-tours, food tours, farm tours and more!
- Let's Do Trivia - Weekly, Live-Hosted Game Shows including Let's Do Trivia! - Survey Sez... - Speed Bingo. All free-to-play weekly game shows which occur in the area's best restaurants and bars.
- Shell We Bounce Trampoline Park With free Wi-Fi, massage chairs, an Arcade, Shell We Eat? Café, and plenty of equipment for burning off energy, this is a great idea for a very active team building experience.
- Lefty's Alley & Eats - Southern Delaware's newest family entertainment center featuring bowling, laser tag, arcade & a unique dining experience.
- Shopping – There are lots of opportunities in Southern Delaware for unique shopping experiences and all of them are tax free! Enjoy outlet shopping, antiquing, browsing the unique boutiques lining our historic downtown main streets, or combing through some really great thrift stores.
- Arts & Entertainment – From many fantastic live theater performances (for adults and kids!) found throughout Southern Delaware to concerts, film society screenings, live magic, performances by top national and regional acts, art shops, galleries and studios, art leagues, to first run movies and much more, there’s lots of artsy rainy day entertainment here.
- Museums - Learn about local shipwrecks, pirates and their booty, storms, and political intrigue, and much more. Local museums are housed in an eclectic list of venues including a train station, a caboose, a WWII bunker, a lighthouse, a town hall, a firehouse, an airport, a mansion, a lifesaving station, a lightship, a church, a barn, a post office, a renovated ice house, several historic homes, and a garden shed!
- Delaware State Parks Programs - Our state parks offer many programs for all ages and not all of them are outdoors! Make sure to check our calendar or the individual schedules for Delaware Seashore State Park, Cape Henlopen State Park, and Trap Pond State Park.